- Tea Party Ticket
- Brief: Amazon Web Services to Expand in Fairfax County
- Week in McLean
- Brief: Preserving Trees in McLean
- Brief: Churchill Road Students Support SHARE
- Second Annual Langley Alumni Game Set
- McLean Girls’ Soccer Can Clinch Liberty’s No. 2 Seed
- Bowling in Support of Junior Achievement
- Madison Girls' Lax Beats McLean
- Opening Day for McLean Little League
- Editorial: Remembering on Memorial Day
- Editorial: Vote in Spite of Election Fatigue
- Editorial: Some Limits, More Disclosure
- Letters: How to ‘Make Life Greener?It was fantastic to read about Vienna’s commitment to more sustainable living [“Making Life ‘Greener’ in Vienna” (The Vienna and Oakton Connection, April 24-30, 2013
- Letters: Mega-mansions and the Like
- Absentee Voting Starts Now for Democratic Primaries
- Governor McDonnell Endorses Springfield Site for FBI Headquarters
- McLean Forum Highlights Sex Trafficking
- Comstock, Wolf to Host Human Trafficking Forum in McLean
- Eight Run for MCC Governing Board
Republican convention selects conservative slate of candidates for November.
Perhaps the biggest sign that the Tea Party has taken control of the Republican Party of Virginia was the yellow Gadsden flag emblem that appeared on placards distributed by supporters of Jeannemarie Devolites Davis, who was one of seven candidates vying to be the nominee for lieutenant governor last weekend at a raucous convention in Richmond. Davis, who represented Fairfax County for a decade in the General Assembly, has a reputation as being a moderate.
Company will add 500 IT-focused jobs
Governor Bob McDonnell announced that Amazon Web Services, Inc., (AWS), an Amazon.com company, will expand in Fairfax County and add 500 new jobs to the county economy.
For those looking to fill their calendar with some home-brewed, Fairfax County fun stuff (read: entertainment and diversion), The Connection's Fairfax County Entertainment Calendar has many options: weekend jaunts and larks; date night inspiration; winter-to-spring fun; day-long festivals and events; art-outings; family fun-and-learning fusions; plays and shows; beyond-Small Business Saturday local shopping and bazaars; markets of handcrafted wares; music; 1Ks to marathons... the list goes on. If you know of an event not listed in our entertainment calendar, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for happenings in south Fairfax County or email@example.com for entertainment in the northern parts of the county.
Three Suspects Arrested, Charged in Serial Burglaries
On Friday, May 17, Steve Mournighan and Vic Kimm, from SHARE, Inc., a McLean-area food bank, picked up nearly half a truckload of food and household items donated by Churchill Road Elementary School families to help replenish the SHARE, Inc. shelves.