It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage incre...
And so, what happens next? There's calm and then there's an eventual storm. The storm to which I refer is what will happen after the March 2nd meet...
RICHMOND, Va. – Going into the 2020 legislative session, advocates say Democratic leaders had an ambitious marijuana reform agenda. By crossover da...
RICHMOND, Va. – A record number of bills passed in the House of Delegates ahead of the “crossover” deadline, considered the halfway point in the se...
- 13th Annual Exceptional Schools Fair 2019 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Senior Living Special Focus edition publishing soon 0 comments
- Why a Regional Wage in Virginia?
- General Assembly Snuffs Marijuana Legalization Hopes for Now in Virginia
- Over 1,000 Democrat-Backed Bills Pass by Crossover in Virginia
- Cracking Down on Predatory Student Lenders
- Fairfax County Studies State Budget
- Madison Warhawks Fall to McLean Highlanders
- Madison Warhawks Girls Beat Marshall Statesmen, Improve to 11-0
- Madison Warhawks Beat Marshall Statesmen, 61-52
- McLean’s Three-sports Star to Play for Navy
- Quantum Field Opens in Tysons Corner
- Opinion: Column: One Step Forward, Hopefully Not Two Steps Backward
- Opinion: Commentary: Arriving at Crossover with Many Bills Moving in Virginia
- Opinion: Column: All Gowned Up
- Opinion: Commentary: Speaker Filler-Corn Statement on Passage of Virginia Values Act
- Opinion: Commentary: Natasha McKenna and the OneFairfax Imperative
Effort to raise minimum wage hits snag on Senate floor, leading to regional approach.
It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage increase. This particular Tuesday isn’t just any day of the week. It’s the final deadline for Senate bills to cross over to the House, so the pressure is building as the clock winds down. Senators are tired and cranky, and they will be working past midnight.
General Assembly advances marijuana decriminalization by Herring and Ebbin.